It’s been a busy week of finalizing details for the print-on-demand version of my book. Today, I got to the cover. Finally.
I’m sure you’ve heard about the story of “Sweet Pea & Friends: The SheepOver” by now. No? Well, read on. I’m taking a quick look at how it became a success.
After completing the cover in Photoshop, I started doing a lot of thinking and research on tag lines for novel covers, and have come to the conclusion that I need one.
I was pleased with the mockup, so I bought the images I needed, and digitally combined them in Adobe Photoshop.
Going from the sketch from yesterday, I went on a quest to find stock imagery. The proper, and only, way to do this is to pay for it. My sources of choice are iStockPhoto and Shutterstock.
As I wrote the first draft of Tied, in the back of mind, a picture of the cover formed. By the time I was done the first draft, I had been “living” in my story for 8 months and the image of the cover was always there.