I self-published my first book “Noah’s Noodles” on Amazon’s Kindle platform. I describe the book here. The process getting to that point was relatively smooth, but also had its share of bumps.
After completing the cover in Photoshop, I started doing a lot of thinking and research on tag lines for novel covers, and have come to the conclusion that I need one.
I was pleased with the mockup, so I bought the images I needed, and digitally combined them in Adobe Photoshop.
Going from the sketch from yesterday, I went on a quest to find stock imagery. The proper, and only, way to do this is to pay for it. My sources of choice are iStockPhoto and Shutterstock.
As I wrote the first draft of Tied, in the back of mind, a picture of the cover formed. By the time I was done the first draft, I had been “living” in my story for 8 months and the image of the cover was always there.
When the manuscript was off with my editor, I used that time to begin researching cover ideas.
I’ve created and designed a lot of books during my lifetime, all for other authors, using their content and their designs. This is the first book I wrote and illustrated (and later self-published) to celebrate my son’s second birthday.